Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Big Fat....OOppps



I feel so bad when someone asks me to review an e-book for them and I have to decline.  This picture should pretty much spell out why.  For Christmas, my lovely wonderful husband decided to buy me an e-reader.  He had absolutely no idea what to look for, he is extremely technically challenged.  He did a ton of research, and ordered (yes, he actually ordered something online) this JetBook lite for me.  It was great! I could read it in bright sunlight and the batteries lasted forever.  I took it to my kids doctor appointment, and proceeded to stow it away in her backpack.  Needless to say, I forgot.  After a couple days of wondering where the dang thing at went, my kid pulls it from her backpack, and it went downhill from there!  She felt so bad! I told her it was not her fault, she didn't know I had put it in her backpack!
So there it is, the reason I am not longer accepting e-books for review, or at least for now.  What is worse is that I was in the middle of some really good books! Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #1, Enders Game, Kate Daniels, Magic Bites and Stephan Kings, Full Dark No Stars.  
Good luck to everyone out there with still operating e-readers.  I guess I just wasn't meant to have one! Back to paper!      

1 comment:

  1. Oh, so sorry! I just dropped my ereader and the screen looked just like yours. Luckily I had the extended warranty so I was able to get a new one but I was miserable until I picked the new one up so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete