Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess

 

Author: Cassandra Clare
Release Date: March 19th, 2013
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books


5 STARS - SIMPLY AMAZING! 

Synopsis:
Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


Review:
I know I am a little bit behind the times, like everyone else finished this book a month ago! I just really wanted breath this book in and enjoy every moment, especially since City of Heavenly Fire is still almost a year away! I guess we do get a movie in four months, which is nice! 
First of all, what an amazing cover.  I fell in love with it the very first time I saw it.  I love that Tessa is holding a book, so perfect of a way to represent her.  
I feel like I have said these words over and over again, Cassandra Clare is an exquisite story teller!  From her characters, to her plot the entire reading journey is fantastic.  She balances her novels with funny anecdotes about ducks and demon pox, to serious issues as the love of family and friends.  I like the tie ins to The Mortal Instruments, where in your own head as you read, a light bulb clicks on, and your like....oohhh!!! I get it now! Those parts where things clicked and meshed together. I also really enjoyed learning the lineage of some of my all time favorite characters, such as Jace and Isabelle. 
Clare is known for her wicked cliff hanger endings, but in this book she ties up all loose ends.  It is an amazing ending to a wonderful series.  You will laugh, and sob uncontrollable.  You will also sit there with your mouth hanging open letting in flies in utter shock!  I was blown away!       
I am sad that this series had to come to an end.  All good stories must, and this one ended so beautifully that I am ok with it.  
If you have not read The Mortal Instruments, or The Infernal Devices, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do...now!

Photo and Synopsis courtesy of Goodreads 
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment